Outgoing - Studying abroad


Since places in the program are limited, you must apply. You will need the following documents for your application:

  • Application form (here)
  • Letter of motivation (informal, in German)
  • Curriculum vitae (in tabular form)
  • letter of recommendation from a lecturer in German (info), informal or (form)
  • current LSF printout; in case of existing BSc degree: (uncertified) copy of the certificate; in case of BSc degree obtained abroad certified copy
  • Learning Agreement (which courses do I want to attend there?)

Form in English: here (fill out pdf: 'tools' - 'ausfĂĽllen') (in German language: here) Please fill out the English form!

At the time of application, the Learning Agreement has only a preliminary character, since at the time of the stay abroad, a different VL list may be valid. Nevertheless, it is part of the application documents and very important for your orientation. You can apply for at least 3 months (1 term), at the longest 12 months (2 semesters), if the host university offers this (see remark under tab Universities).

30 ECTS are expected. The section of the Learning Agreement Form "During Mobility" is only necessary when it is clear on site which courses can actually be attended. LA must be signed by subject coordinator in home university AND host university! The scholarship holder is responsible for this, a copy with all signatures to Mrs. Lorenz.

Language certificates are only required by a few host universities; if you have one, please submit it. Sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction and the language of the country is required!
Madrid and Valencia expect language level B1 for undergraduates, B2 for postgraduates (in the language of instruction, with proof).
Padua requires a language certificate when registering online: A2 for courses in Italian, B1 for courses in English (in the language of instruction).
An online language test will take place before AND after the Mobility in Heidelberg to record progress in language skills. You will be asked to do this. More info here (from point 9).

Online registration

The registration for the study abroad program will take place by mid-April. You do not need to register until you have received a commitment from the PI - you will be prompted to do so.

After the Mobility, please submit the following documents to your subject coordinator:

  • Original Learning Agreement signed by host and home university.
  • Copy of the certificate from the host country
  • Report on the stay in digital form (informal, 1-3 pages), with a short note whether the report may be published on this page.

Prof. Oliver Schilling is responsible for the recognition of achievements acquired abroad.

Further and detailed information on the homepage of the AA or from Ute Lorenz.