Note for international students
The language of instruction at Heidelberg University is 🇩🇪 German. This applies to both undergraduate and graduate programmes (i.e. B.Sc. and M.Sc. Psychology). Applicants must be proficient in German and are required to pass a German language proficiency examination (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang, DSH).
Please follow this link to learn more about the German proficiency exam:
Notes for Visitors
Please be advised:
- When viewing this website in English, you may encounter empty pages where no translation has been posted
- Unless stated otherwise, German pages are the canonical source for information the most up to date and accurate
- English content may have been created by an automatic translation process and might be inaccurate or out of date
- When in doubt, please ask us
- If you find inaccurate information, please tell us by sending an email to email@example.com
Notes for employees
Auf dieser Seite können Sie die Sprache der Webseite umschalten. Die Sprache wird damit für alle Unterseiten umgestellt. Dabei werden Überschriften, Menüpunkte und Formulare in der Regel automatisch übersetzt.
Please note that user-editable content will not be translated automatically. This applies, for example, to the texts of your personal profiles or work units.
Please translate all pages into English so that visitors from abroad find a welcoming website!
Changing your language via this form creates a file on your computer or mobile device. This file stores your language preference. Such files are commonly called "cookies".
This cookie stores your language preference and is sent to the Institute's web server each time you make a request (such as clicking a link on the page) so that pages are displayed in your preferred language. The cookie is not used to monitor or evaluate your behaviour.
The form and the cookie are implemented for your convenience when using this site. If you do not agree to the use of this cookie, you can change your language preference directly in the browser.