Our department is mainly interested in topics related to child development from the prenatal phase to school age. In research and teaching, we address the following questions:
- How do infants perceive the world and how does human thinking begin?
- How can executive functions (self-regulating abilities) be grasped in early childhood?
- How does problem-solving and creative thinking develop in pre-school age?
- What role does observational learning play for children?
- What influence do educational behaviour and co-regulation by parents have on the development of self-regulation in children?
- How does the personality of children develop?
- What social changes are young families subject to and how does this affect their (in)security experience in dealing with questions of life planning and child rearing?
- Which support services are particularly suitable for positively supporting early childhood development?
- What does Corona do with young families and children?