Ruprecht-Karls-Universitšt Heidelberg

Master of Science

All contents are subject to change. No responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information.


On this page you will find :



Important Note:
The language of instruction is German!
German language skills (C-level) are compulsory for a successful application!

Please consult the Central Student Advisory Office for information on matters of application and matriculation for international students.

Please be aware that only the information given in the admission regulation is legally binding!


Short information

  • Requirements: BSc Psychology (3 years) at least 75% or an equivalent BSc, average grade of at least 2,0.
  • Application period: 01.04.-15.05. (the program starts in fall)
  • Application documents:
  • Additional points can be achieved by taking part in the selection test.


Application Procedure
  • You can only apply either for the DCP or the OBAC programme, not both! If you submit two applications you may be excluded from the application procedure on formal grounds.
  • Admission is only possible during the winter semester. The presumable application period is from April 1 until May 15. The application is a combination of an online questionnaire and a written application.
  • The most important requirement is a bachelor's degree of at least three years duration in psychology, or an equivalent degree (e.g. in a closely related subject). The bachelor course does not have to be completed at the time of application, but will have to be completed at the time of matriculation.
  • If you are unsure whether your bachelor's degree will be accepted at a German university, you may consult the "Informationssystem zur Anerkennung ausländischer Bildungsabschlüsse" (anabin). The information provided there is not guaranteed to represent the assessment of the University of Heidelberg, but it is a relatively good indication.
  • The university fees are currently EUR 152.30 per semester for german or EU applicants. Informations on tuition fees for international students can be found here.
Required Documents Please note: The following list is meant to be an orientation aid and is not legally binding. For details and definitive information please consult the current admission regulations document (PDF, German language) and the website of the Central Administration. All applications must include the following:
  1. the completed online application form;
  2. your bachelor diploma or latest transcript of records
  3. your curriculum vitae (resume);
  4. your qualification for university entrance.

Selection Test

  • There will be a master selection test for the application procedure. This test is optional giving applicants the possibility to receive additional points for their application.
  • The test will consist of multiple-choice questions representing the contents of a polyvalent bachelor porgram according to the DGPs.
  • The test will take place in Heidelberg and the language of the test is German! There is no online test in English for international applicants!
    • test date 2019: not yet decided


In case of international applications:
  • a brief description (approx. 1 page) of your bachelor programme
  • if German is not your mother tongue you need to provide a certificate of your German language skills. (It is possible to receive a conditional offer and pass the DSH between application and enrolment.)
  • all document copies must be certified and, if necessary, translated (German or English). The translation has to be carried out by an official authority, e.g. by the authorized department of the institution that issued the certificate, or by a sworn translator. Translations that are carried out by sworn translators do not have to be certified. Only copies of the translations must be certified.
  • applicants from the People's Republic of China, Mongolia or Vietnam need to provide an APS certificate.
  • studient applicants without citizenship of an EU/EEA member state please also check the university's information on Application Procedure and Forms!
The inclusion of the following documents in your application folder is optional or necessary only in specific cases:
  • further documents proving occupational skills or other relevant experience, e.g. work experience, vocational training, publications, etc.;
  • if applicable: confirmation of change of name;
In case of further queries please contact the MSc Advisory Service. Questions regarding your status as an international student should be addressed to the International Relations Office.
Seitenbearbeiter: Studienberatung