Master of Science
All contents are subject to change. No responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information.
On this page you will find :
- General informationen about the application procedure for the MSc Psychology
- The documents required for the application
The language of instruction is German!
You have to prove your German language skills (C-level) for a successful application!
Please consult the Central Student Advisory Office for information on matters of application and matriculation for international students.
Please be aware that only the information given in the admission regulation is legally binding!
- Requirements: BSc Psychology (3 years) at least 75% or an equivalent BSc, average grade of at least 2,0 or ECTS-Grade B.
- Application period: 01.04.-15.05. (the program starts in fall)
- Application documents:
- Additional points can be achieved by taking part in the selection test.
- You can only apply either for the DCP or the OBAC programme, not both! If you submit two applications you may be excluded from the application procedure on formal grounds.
- Admission is only possible during the winter semester. The presumable application period is from April 1 until May 15. The application is a combination of an online questionnaire and a written application.
- The most important requirement is a bachelor's degree of at least three years duration in psychology, or an equivalent degree (e.g. in a closely related subject). The bachelor course does not have to be completed at the time of application, but will have to be completed at the time of matriculation.
- If you are unsure whether your bachelor's degree will be accepted at a German university, you may consult the "Informationssystem zur Anerkennung ausländischer Bildungsabschlüsse" (anabin). The information provided there is not guaranteed to represent the assessment of the University of Heidelberg, but it is a relatively good indication.
- The university fees are currently EUR 142.30 per semester.
- the completed online application form;
- your bachelor diploma or latest transcript of records
- your curriculum vitae (resume);
- a statement indicating that you are not currently participating in or have failed a masters degree course in psychology or a subject of mainly psychological content at any university;
- your qualification for university entrance.
- There will be a master selection test for the application procedure in 2017. This test is optional giving applicants the possibility to receive additional points for their application.
- The test will consist of multiple-choice questions representing the contents of a polyvalent bachelor porgram according to the DGPs.
- The test will take place in Heidelberg and will take 90 minutes.
|monday., 26.06.17||Großer Hörsaal, INF 252||afternoon (exact time slot will be announced here)|
|monday., 10.07.17||Großer Hörsaal, INF 252||
afternoon (exact time slot will be announced here)
In case of international applications:
- a brief description (approx. 1 page) of your bachelor programme
- if German is not your mother tongue you need to provide a certificate of your German language skills. (It is possible to receive a conditional offer and pass the DSH between application and enrolment.)
- all document copies must be certified and, if necessary, translated (German or English). The translation has to be carried out by an official authority, e.g. by the authorized department of the institution that issued the certificate, or by a sworn translator. Translations that are carried out by sworn translators do not have to be certified. Only copies of the translations must be certified.
- applicants from the People's Republic of China, Mongolia or Vietnam need to provide an APS certificate.
- studient applicants without citizenship of an EU/EEA member state please also check the university's information on Application Procedure and Forms!
- further documents proving occupational skills or other relevant experience, e.g. work experience, vocational training, publications, etc.;
- an abstract of your bachelor thesis;
- if applicable: confirmation of change of name;